oh my... so much going on.
I have a couple things that I am supposed to ask family members, so I'll put them here for now so I don't forget them. And mommy will prob'ly read it at some point anyway.
First,
Miss Burrell asked me if my mom and I could get together with her for dinner this Thursday August 14, so I need to ask my mom if she is available. (David wants to come to, I think mostly to ask questions about the new house and neighborhood).
Second,
A lady at work asked me today if Ty would be interested in doing some landscaping for her and if so, how much he would charge. So I'll need to ask Ty about that at some point. If he is able to help, she would appreciate it a lot. Her husband died about five years ago, and her son is getting married this month and will be looking for a house of his own, so she could probably use some company anyway. She also has bad knees, so having a young guy around to help out would be a blessing.
My only worry is that she has a thick accent, so I don't know how well Ty will be able to work with her and understand her *I'm pretty sure he won't be able to pronounce her name. Her name is Abidah. But her close family calls her Abby, so that'll prob'ly be what Ty ends up calling her*
She is one of the more picky ladies at work that tends to always say things like "oh no, dear. You should do it this way." or "My dear, why are you doing it that way? This way is much easier." and so on and so forth. But at least that means Ty won't have to worry about doing something wrong because *trust me* she'll let him know if he's doing something "wrong."
Also, there's a difference between working with someone and working for someone. She is very laid back, so if you are doing something that she thinks can be done more easily or that she thinks doesn't need to be done, she'll let you know. Which is great if she is the one telling you what to do. But if there are ten other people working with you that are telling you not to sit down or to do that same thing in a different way, it gets a little stressful, especially since I rarely work with the same people two days in a row.
Anyway, she said she would be needing his help in a little over two weeks, and so Ty will have some time to figure out his schedule and see if he can fit it in. I also asked her what type of stuff he would be doing, and it sounded right up his ally. A lot of it is planting different types of plants, etc. And she also has a slick spot in her yard on the way to the water spigot that she would like to fill in with pebbles and what not, and she wanted to put in some sort of fountain.
So she has a pretty good idea about what she wants, but she is also open to suggestions on how to go about it, etc.
And when she first asked me if he could help her, I wasn't sure if she thought he was older than I was and a "professional" landscaper. And so I made sure that she understood that he was 18 and just starting college, etc, and she said he was perfect.
And I figure if Ty can babysit for the Dam kids and understand the parents when they speak, he should be able to understand Abidah just fine.
Well, anyway, this is a sleepy post because I just got off of work and I am sleepy.
...zzz...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lysee, Susan called me and we are meeting at 5:30 on Thursday is that too early for David? She told me that I get to choose the place to eat, where do you two want to go? Let me know and I'll email the place, she said 5:30 but if you need it to be 6:00 let me know. What she is concerned about is you getting stuck with back Homeowners Association fees so call Mrs. Graham's son and have him make sure that the bank has paid all back HOA fees, taxes, etc before you go to settlement.
Post a Comment