16 September 2008

"Free Day" Post

okay... I realized yesterday that I do not have work or class today.

I was going to work on painting the living room, but I realized that there are some more urgent things to attend to like cleaning up my ferret's area and washing clothes and dishes, etc.

Right now I'm taking a little break because I have cramps and it's hard to actually get going with them, so I figured I relax for a bit until they go away.

The washing machine and dryer seem to be working just fine -- even better than the ones in the old townhouse. This dryer seems to actually dry things. And they are upstairs right next to the bedroom so I don't have to lug baskets of clothes up and down the stairs.

I'm trying to get everything set up for Halfie. My goal is for her to have a cage upstairs, on the middle level, and downstairs so that she won't get left alone the majority of the time.

She is also supposed to have at least 4 hours of exercise a day, and I am trying to figure out how to fit that in. She is in a large cage that she can run around in most of the time, so that takes care of play time by herself, and the bedroom is pretty much ferret-proof so I've been letting her run around in the morning when I get up and am getting dressed, etc.
I think that the living room is also pretty ferret-proof. or at least it will be once everything is set up in there.

I'm a little bummed because I was all ready to put together her other two cages, and there is rust on them which needs to be wiped off, and everything else for the levels also needs to be wiped off one more time before I put it together. But I don't have any of the wipes that I use for that on hand. So I need to go out to Wal Mart or somewhere.

I'm hoping that Ty will come by in a little bit, but he is trying to finish up the floors for mom, and I'm sure he has about a thousand other things to get done as well, so I'm really not counting on it.


EWWWW... I made dinner last night, and I found a bug in it. gross gross gross gross gross!

It wasn't anything from the house either. I had made frozen boca sausages and then mixed them with frozen bertolli ravioli and sauce. And I thought that it tasted pretty good, but I couldn't eat much of the sausage because I'm allergic to soy and I don't like the way they taste that much anyway. And David didn't want to eat a whole lot of it because he didn't like the sauce it was in *which is a kind of strange tasting sauce* so I was in the process of finishing his ravioli when I discovered... the bug! It was a black and red striped maggot. ewwwwwww..........

And then I wanted to make milkshakes. We just got a new blender *it was just a cheap one from wal mart, but it works pretty well*, and my milk had gone bad. The date said sell by the 14 of Sept. So it shouldn't have been bad. And I tried to make milkshakes with it anyway thinking I was just crazy and I couldn't really drink it because even with the icecream and the chocolate, I could still taste the sour milk... so I have to throw out the rest of the milkshake and clean up the sticky sour mess in the blender.

and I have to buy more milk now. We have a ton of soy milk, but right after I got it, I discovered that I am allergic to it, so bummer. David likes it, but he doesn't use nearly enough to finish it before it goes bad in the seven to ten days after you open it. And I'm leary about using it in cooking because of my allergies.

*sigh* and I moved Halfie's cage off of the plastic mat it is on in order to pull up her blanket, and she took the opportunity to poop and pee on the carpet. It's all cleaned up now, but man was I mad at her... she was out playing on it for like an hour and didn't once go potty on it. But when she's standing right next to her litter box, she decides to go on the carpet.

Well, anyway. I'm going to be giving my stinky ferret a bath now that her bed clothes are all clean.

1 comment:

Terre said...

Oh Lysee your world sounds so terribly like mine, it seems almost impossible to get ahead because the "to do" list never seems to get any shorter. Just remember if you get overwhelmed call me and we'll go out somewhere. Love you, mom