Oh No! I've missed almost half the month! So busy!
I'm currently taking a break from cleaning and packing up the old townhouse. Most of it is done, and I'm down to the gritty stuff.
Yesterday was my first day of school this semester, and it went pretty well. I'm taking an English class with David. We both also had the Professor our senior year in high school, and she was one of our favorite teachers, so hopefully that will take some of the strain off a very crazy class.
The other class I went to yesterday was Latin 101, and I really like the teacher. His philosophy on the course was really great, and I have 4 1/2 years of Latin experience from high school, so I have a pretty good start. *I'm beginning at 101 in college because I want to actually study it this time round rather than just grasp enough of it to make the grade and forget.
That's actually the reason that I'm not taking Japanese in a classroom setting again. I really love the language and I really appreciate the base I was given in the first semester, but I'd rather study it on my own rather than at someone else's pace. And maybe once I have grasped it enough, I will take classes on it again as I am now with Latin. We'll see.
Oh no... I'm also worried about our ferret, Halfie. She has always been a bit sneezy and wheezy, but lately *we moved her into the bedroom* she has been waking us up having really bad breathing fits. When we get up to look at her, she seems fine. *She doesn't look like she's choking or straining herself* but she still makes that sound. And then she stops. And then she begins again, and it is driving me nutso.
She needs to have a check up anyway, but it still worries me. I read online that it could mean that litter is getting stuck in her lungs *which can then expand.* I also think that it might be food getting into her lungs because she always seems to try to eat and breathe at the same time. And there are all kinds of other things that could be causing labored breathing, so it's a little scary.
I'm also worried that it could be something caused by the old townhouse, what with the sewage problems and what not. But I really shouldn't worry myself trying to figure it out right now. That is what the vet is for.
Well, anyway... back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You may want to vacuum really good in the area again where you are keeping her and leave a window open a little now that it isn't so hot out so there is fresh air in the room. She is in a new carpeted environment and she is on the floor level, I would try to put a piece of linoleum or a piece of plywood (I'll have Ty bring over a piece of the smooth stuff like you use in a shower) and just put a blanket over it. It won't be as cushy as the carpeted floor but with the bug bomb and the carpet powder and the carpet cleaning product there is a lot she is trying to get used to. I would try what I have recommended and see if she breathes easier.
Post a Comment