06 August 2008

Love Post

I was reading one of my mommy's blogs today, and there was a post about me that was sooo sweet. She was talking about how I am beautiful and that I look a lot like her, and she was wondering why no one ever told her how beautiful she was when she was my age. (well, that's a quick sum up of what she had said, but it really doesn't do her words justice).

Anyway, I just had to post about it on my blog because reading it made me smile a little inside because my mom doesn't realize how often I look at her and hope that I look as good as her when I'm fifty. Nor does she realize how honored I am to be told that I look like her.

Beauty is a funny thing that has nothing to do with weight, so when my mom says that my daddy deserves a hottie, really I think that my daddy deserves someone who loves him as much as my mom to be healthy and happy and with him for much longer to come. My mother will be the most beautiful woman in the world *and I know my dad feels the same way* no matter what she weighs, no matter if her hair ever grays, or if her face ever gets all wrinkly.

Sometimes, I really think she got jipped growing up. I've been lucky enough to have parents who constantly tell me how beautiful I am, and I have always been able to shrug off what others say because of that. My mother has always made the effort to take me shopping for nice clothes, and my dad, while he is not around as much, has always taken me to father-daughter dances. Few things make a little girl feel as special as going out to a dance with her daddy.

I actually got upset with my boyfriend because I was telling him a while ago about the wedding receptions I worked at during my time at the Elkslodge and how much I wanted to dance with my father at my wedding, and he actually shuddered and said that he would hate to have to dance with his mother. This is an ongoing debate that I have had with him since, and I am determined that by the time we get married, he'll dance with her *of his own will, I know he'd dance with her now for my sake, but that doesn't count*. (hey, I've got quite a few years before all that, so I've got the time :)

It made me realize how wonderful my family is because I know -- and I hope my mom does too -- that when my brothers get married, they will be so happy to dance with their beautiful mother. And even with all of the crap they give her now as teenagers, they both love her and see how beautiful she really is.

I am so proud of her for blogging as much as she does as well. I truly think it has something to do with being a writer at heart. For me, there is something soothing about putting all of my thoughts down. I even have a blog that is completely blocked off from everyone so that I can write completely uncensored about everything that I feel, no matter how hateful or shameful or stupid. I almost always can't read through those posts after I write them because they are so not me and so not how I feel -- anymore. Sometimes, it's just nice to say what you need to say but you feel like no one else should hear it.

Blogging is also a really good way to explain to others how you feel without directly sitting down and telling them. I was glad to read some of my mom's posts about how she feels about blogging and logging her eating and what she expects because it has helped me to get more on board with what kind of support she needs. Whether or not I actually help, who knows? But I certainly try, and it is so helpful to me to be able to read through my mom's thoughts, and for my mom to be able to read through mine.

No comments: