06 August 2008

Stress Post

This is really more about David's stress, but that -- by default -- transfers to me in part.

He's a bit bummed out right now because he is trying to figure out all of the pricing and costs that will be coming with the townhouse he is buying.

He had thought it would only be about $930 a month with taxes and insurance because of a document his loan agent sent him, but he found out about a day later -- and right after we told everyone that it would prob'ly cost $930 a month that it will really be more like $1200 a month, or so we think right now.

He was trying not to worry about it because even $1200 is a really great deal, especially since all of his bills including phone, internet, and utilities will still make his cost of living below what he is paying now just for rent, which is $1700 a month.

But I had a little mini breakdown when he told me that he had "misread" the document, and I gave him a huge lecture on how "big boys" read all of the fine print and make sure that everything is taken care of before they tell everyone the wrong stuff. I was mostly upset because he has done something similar with several other important documents, and I really can't be looking over his shoulder for everything. It's my responsibility to help him and care about him, but I can't do everything for him, and I can't constantly be looking over his shoulder. He needs to be able to take care of himself.

I took a look at the document, and it makes sense how he would have thought $930 at first, but it still bummed me out a bit. I'm feeling much better about it now and much more optimistic. It just feels like lately, everything I do requires a big lecture about growing up. *well, duh. I guess it should since that's what I'm trying to do. Sometimes I feel like I'm almost there, and other times I feel like I'm failing miserably*
So anyway, he had Kurt look it all over, and Kurt agreed that the layout was kind of weird, so he explained everything to David and how it all breaks down.

But now David is a bit bummed because he still has to look into house insurance, which he personally knows little about. So he's having to talk to all these different loan agents who are all pretty much trying to screw him. And he's frustrated because he doesn't fully understand what he needs and what he doesn't need, so when someone tells him "oh yeah, this is a little more than that company's, but that's because we offer this special type of coverage *wink* and you need this type of coverage."

Oh, and he was really peeved today because he went online yesterday and filled out all of these forms with information for various agents to look at and then contact him through the internet as to what their quotes would be. Sounds great, right?
Yeah, except that all day today, he was getting calls from these idiots while he was at work just to "verify" information. He was upset because he purposely signed up to get all the stuff through the internet so he wouldn't have to deal with phone tag or interruptions while he was working 9 to 5.

It's all part of growing up, and I promised to help him keep tabs on everything, and he's promised me to look over everything more carefully and to not jump to conclusions that are too good to be true, but it's going to take a while before we can get everything fully together. I'm so glad our parents care about us and are here for us to help and answer our questions.

No comments: