08 August 2008

Moving Post

All right, I have work from 2 to 6 today, so I have some time this morning to see what I can do around the townhouse.

Here's my plan:
-I would like to do a load of laundry -- actually as many as possible ^_^
-I also need to maintain the kitchen --> right now, I have a washer full of clean dishes that need to be put away, and a sink of dirty dishes to be put in the washer (isn't that how it always goes?)
-And David has been begging me to clean off the couch(es) in the living room so that we can watch some comedy and work on cleaning up that room and the dining room. Hopefully, we will be able to do that tonight because we will be home around the same time. So, before I go to work today, I am going to try to clean off the couches.

Well, wish me luck. Hopefully I'll get it all done and more, but I really hate the way it smells on the second level. It seems sour, but I can't figure out where the smell is coming from. I'm worried that it might be one of my plants, but maybe I'll get lucky today and find something under the couch that has gone bad. (I know; that really doesn't sound too lucky)



Oh My God. The landlord is such an idiot.
David has explained to him in full detail that he is moving out by August 31st and that he has no interest in staying here. David asked if the rent could be lowered (you know, to closer to what the townhouse is worth), the landlord said no, and to me, that means end of story.

But no. He actually had the gall to email David asking if he wanted to renew his contract month by month until December, and then start out a new full-year contract with him for next year so that it would begin in January and end in December.
There was no mention of lowering rent or anything. He just thought David might be interested?

How clueless can someone be?
I think that somebody has realized that he won't be able to easily market the townhouse since he won't be able to actually show it until September when we are fully moved out. Duh! So basically, he's getting kicked in the pants because he is the one who said no to the month by month extension when David asked him so that we would have through September at least to move out fully. Now the landlord is realizing that he will probably be losing money because he won't be able to find someone to rent it as the weather gets colder.

But anyway, I hope that someone moves in within a week after we move out, and I hope it's someone with a family and more experience than David and I had when we rented the townhouse, because hopefully, they won't put up with the landlord's crap, and they'll tell him like it is, because now we know that's what we should have done from the get-go, and then maybe we wouldn't have had so many problems with the place. Lesson learned. Hopefully the landlord will get his someday.

David and I talked it over, and even if the landlord was willing to lower the rent on a new contract, we wouldn't accept. Besides, it wouldn't be as low as David will be paying for his own townhome anyway :)

No comments: